MSc Internship Position 2 (Milan, Italy, 6+ months)
The AI4Sec Team is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern in Packed Malware Analysis and Detection. This is a full-time position for (at least) 6 months. Ideally, you already have first hands-on experience and knowledge in cybersecurity and machine learning (ML). In collaboration with AI4Sec team members, you will support our research focused on improving ML-based dynamic and static analysis of known and unknown malware.
The AI4Sec Team is located in the Munich Research Center (MRC), in Germany, and Milan Research Center (Milan RC), in Italy. I’m the supervisor of this internship position and I’m located in Italy.
- Currently pursuing a master degree in Computer Science or related field, preferably with a strong focus in cyber-security
- Programming skills in Python and C
- Initial experience in malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Excellent intercultural communication and coordination skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- The following requirements would be a plus:
- Experience with Ghidra, IDA Pro, Wine or QEMU;
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux internals
- Read and present state-of-art research papers provided by your internship supervisor
- Create and curate a high-quality, up-to-date dataset of the most active malware families and samples (e.g., ransomware, wipers, information stealers)
- Perform automated dynamic and static analysis of Windows API calls logged using a sandbox environment available in our lab
- Develop a prototype for mapping the execution traces to a known catalog of malware capabilities
When applying, please submit your up-to-date curriculum and a cover letter. This letter should indicate your experience and past works related to this position, and explain the reasons you have decided to apply for it.
We offer an international career with outstanding opportunities for professional development. You will be exposed to the latest security and telecommunication technologies, have access to rich sources of challenging data and will be integrated into Huawei’s agile development culture. We offer a dynamic and friendly working environment in which like-minded professionals share expertise in building know-how. We promote and generously reward talent and invite you to grow with us.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s AI4Sec Research Team together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission.
Send me an email (my first name @ my last name dot cc) with
[application] <position name> in the subject and I’ll put you in contact with the recruiters. Alternatively to email, you can DM me on Twitter.